5G is everywhere, helping telcos address network complexity. In this webinar, you will learn how operators can manage 5G network infrastructure with open source technologies like Open RAN, powered by Open Source MANO (OSM). Telcos are already benefiting from open-source technologies like OpenRAN. This session will present our approach for building an autonomous Open RAN ecosystem by bringing together the power of ORAN SC and OSM software stack together.
ORAN Alliance is leading the industry towards open, interoperable, virtualized, and AI-enabled RAN, using common-off-the-shelf hardware and merchant silicon. OSM is an ETSI initiative to build a production grade open-source MANO (management and orchestration) software stack aligned with ETSI NFV standards. With an O-RAN “RAN Slice SLA Assurance” use case, the talk will present how OSM is able to seamlessly manage the lifecycle of intelligent RAN applications (xApp and rApp) on top of distributed ORAN architecture.
The webinar will be jointly presented by Canonical and Capgemini (a leading information technology services and consulting company).
Join us to learn about:
- Evolution of RAN from traditional to virtualised and Open RAN
- Open RAN architecture and groups
- Overview of ETSI Open Source MANO
- Ubuntu real time kernel support for OpenRAN
- RAN applications (xApps and rApps)
- OpenRAN service management and orchestration (SMO)
- How OSM can be a perfect fit as SMO for lifecycle management of RAN applications
- Subhankar Pal, Senior Director of Innovation, Capgemini
- Wajeeha Hamid, Product Manager, Canonical