When considering a move from a hosted or public container infrastructure solution it is important to think about what you will need from a storage system. Cloud-native application delivery is highly dynamic, and persistent storage tends to be static, what concepts are important to understand to safely bring the two together?
Your own storage system will give you much greater control over its cost, but you will need to consider the storage needs of your users, the access methods of their applications, their performance requirements, and most importantly how to protect the data that your organisation relies on. It sounds complicated, but it doesn’t have to be.
By downloading this whitepaper you will gain insight into:
- Different types of storage systems
- Various methods of accessing storage systems
- The methods used to protect data
- How integration with Kubernetes works
- An introduction to Ceph, an open-source storage system