In this tutorial, we walk you through the process of installing the Nextcloud Ubuntu Appliance image on an Intel NUC, getting set up and being fully productive with Nextcloud.
You’ll be able to have video calls, share documents, and edit with others using Collabora Online. All on your own infrastructure with nothing leaving your control. For installation instructions on Windows, macOS, a Linux VM or on the Raspberry Pi, follow the instructions on our website and come back for step 7. Let’s start!
What you’ll learn
- How to create a Nextcloud Ubuntu Appliance
- How to set up Nextcloud
- How to start using Nextcloud with Collabora Online
What you’ll need
- Two USB 2.0 or 3.0 flash drives (2GB minimum)
- An Intel NUC with BIOS updated to the latest version (update instructions)
- A Mini HDMI to HDMI cable
- A monitor with VGA or HDMI interface
- A VGA or HDMI cable
- A USB keyboard and mouse
- A network connection with Internet access
- An Ubuntu 20.04 LTS desktop image