ONLYOFFICE is an open-source collaborative office suite. It contains three editors for text documents, spreadsheets, and presentations, fully compatible with Office Open XML formats and enabling collaborative editing in real time. It can be integrated with: ONLYOFFICE collaboration platform that includes CRM, projects, document management system, mail, calendar, blogs, forums and chat (to learn more about its modules, refer to this tutorial ) or third-party web services, like Nextcloud, ownCloud, Alfresco, Confluence, SharePoint, Liferay, HumHub, or your own web app.
This last solution allows you to install ONLYOFFICE Document Server on your local server and integrate it with a whole variety of sharing services via ONLYOFFICE ready-to-use connectors or third-party integration apps.
ONLYOFFICE Document Server features the following:
- Compatibility with MS Office and OpenDocument formats : .docx, .xlsx, .pptx, .odt, .ods, .odp, etc.
- Abundance of editing and styling features: hyperlinks, tables and charts, pictures, autoshapes, formulas or text objects, a bulleted or numbered list, and more.
- Powerful collaborating capabilities: two co-editing modes (fast and strict), commenting, reviewing, tracking changes, integrated chat.
- Document sharing permissions: full access, read only, review, comment, form filling, download and modify filter.
- Extending functionality with existing plugins or building your own add-ons using the API.
ONLYOFFICE comes with a dual-license model. This means that as long as you respect the GNU AGPL v.3 license, you can use the ONLYOFFICE open source solution available on GitHub. For bigger teams, using ONLYOFFICE as a part of their SaaS or on-premise service, a commercial license is required.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
This guide will show you three alternative ways to install ONLYOFFICE Document Server and all the dependencies it needs for further integration, on Ubuntu:
- using deb. package
- using Docker image
- from snap package
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- CPU: dual core 2 GHz or better
- RAM: 2 GB or more
- HDD: at least 40 GB of free space
- Additional requirements: at least 4 GB of swap
- OS: Ubuntu 18.04
- Additional requirements:
- PostgreSQL : version 9.1 or later
- NGINX : version 1.3.13 or later
- libstdc++6 : version 4.8.4 or later