In this tutorial, we will use Azure Image Builder to create a Ubuntu Pro 20.04 FIPS “golden” image in an Azure Shared Image Gallery.
Ubuntu 20.04 FIPS includes cryptographic validated modules that enable organisations to run and develop applications for the public sector, including regulated industries such as healthcare and finance.
We will be using a sample .json template to configure the image. To distribute the image to a Shared Image Gallery.
What you’ll learn
- How to set up an Azure environment with a Shared Image Gallery and the necessary resources to distribute an image within your environment.
- How to create an image definition for Ubuntu Pro 20.04 FIPS, customizing the image build JSON for adding any other applications you may want in every Ubuntu VM.
- How to create an image version in Azure Image Builder service.
- How to create a VM from the image in the Shared Image Gallery.
What you’ll need
- A Microsoft Azure account
- Azure Command-Line Interface/az cli
This tutorial is based off this previous one for Ubuntu Pro 18.04 with CIS hardening.