It is undeniable the advantages that cloud computing offers to companies of all sizes but brings DevOps the duty of maintaining and securing more complex deployments in a heterogeneous cloud environment.
The open source framework Istio helps connect, monitor, and secure microservices, including services running on Kubernetes Engine without requiring any service code changes.
This tutorial will guide you on installing Istio on your Charmed Kubernetes (CK).
What you’ll learn
- How to install Istio on your Charmed Kubernetes
- How to check if your Istio installation is working properly
- How to deploy a sample application
- How to clean up the sample application
What you’ll need
- An already installed Charmed Kubernetes
Having your CK cluster up and running, let’s start the install process on the next step!