What is Kubernetes
Kubernetes clusters host containerised applications in a reliable and scalable way. Having DevOps in mind, Kubernetes makes maintenance tasks such as upgrades dead simple.
What is MicroK8s
MicroK8s is a CNCF certified upstream Kubernetes deployment that runs entirely on your workstation or edge device. Being a snap it runs all Kubernetes services natively (i.e. no virtual machines) while packing the entire set of libraries and binaries needed. Installation is limited by how fast you can download a couple of hundred megabytes and the removal of MicroK8s leaves nothing behind.
In this tutorial you’ll learn how to…
- Install MicroK8s on Windows
- Operate your Kubernetes cluster
- Access the Kubernetes Dashboard
You will only need …
- A Windows 10 machine with at least 8 GB of RAM and 40 GB storage
- If you have Windows 10 Home edition, you will also need to install VirtualBox (Windows 10 Professional, Enterprise and Student editions include Hyper-v for virtualisation).