Security - Introduction
Security should always be considered when installing, deploying, and using any type of computer system. Although a fresh installation of Ubuntu is relatively safe for immediate use on the Internet, it is important to have a balanced understanding of your system’s security posture based on how it will be used after deployment.
This chapter provides an overview of security-related topics as they pertain to Ubuntu Server Edition, and outlines simple measures you may use to protect your server and network from any number of potential security threats.
If instead of security related administration and concepts for Ubuntu Server please be aware that there is more. Depending on what you were looking for please consider those references:
- Further information about security at Ubuntu, have a look at Ubuntu Security
- Information about known vulnerabilities:
- per CVE check out the CVE overview
- per Package have a look at the Ubuntu Security Notices
- Reporting a security issue, have a look at the disclosure policy