USN-4235-2: nginx vulnerability
15 January 2020
- nginx - small, powerful, scalable web/proxy server
USN-4235-1 fixed a vulnerability in nginx. This update provides
the corresponding update for Ubuntu 14.04 ESM.
Original advisory details:
Bert JW Regeer and Francisco Oca Gonzalez discovered that nginx incorrectly
handled certain error_page configurations. A remote attacker could possibly
use this issue to perform HTTP request smuggling attacks and access
resources contrary to expectations.
The problem can be corrected by updating your system to the following package versions:
- nginx-common - 1.4.6-1ubuntu3.9+esm1
- nginx-core - 1.4.6-1ubuntu3.9+esm1
- nginx-extras - 1.4.6-1ubuntu3.9+esm1
- nginx-full - 1.4.6-1ubuntu3.9+esm1
- nginx-light - 1.4.6-1ubuntu3.9+esm1
In general, a standard system update will make all the necessary changes.