USN-3554-2: curl vulnerability
01 February 2018
curl could be made to expose sensitive information.
- curl - HTTP, HTTPS, and FTP client and client libraries
USN-3554-1 fixed vulnerabilities in curl. This update
provides the corresponding update for Ubuntu 12.04 ESM.
Original advisory details:
It was discovered that curl could accidentally leak authentication data.
An attacker could possibly use this to get access to sensitive information.
The problem can be corrected by updating your system to the following package versions:
- curl - 7.22.0-3ubuntu4.20
- libcurl3 - 7.22.0-3ubuntu4.20
- libcurl3-gnutls - 7.22.0-3ubuntu4.20
- libcurl3-nss - 7.22.0-3ubuntu4.20
In general, a standard system update will make all the necessary changes.