USN-2726-1: Expat vulnerability
31 August 2015
Expat could be made to crash or run programs as your login if it opened a specially crafted file.
- expat - XML parsing C library
It was discovered that Expat incorrectly handled malformed XML data. If a
user or application linked against Expat were tricked into opening a
crafted XML file, an attacker could cause a denial of service, or possibly
execute arbitrary code.
The problem can be corrected by updating your system to the following package versions:
After a standard system upgrade you need to restart any applications linked
against Expat to effect the necessary changes.
- USN-3013-1: xmlrpc-c, libxmlrpc-c++4, libxmlrpc-core-c3
- USN-2677-1: oxideqmlscene, oxideqt-codecs, liboxideqtcore0, oxide-qt, liboxideqt-qmlplugin, oxideqt-chromedriver, liboxideqtquick0, oxideqt-codecs-extra
- USN-4772-1: vnc4server, vnc4, xvnc4viewer
- USN-5455-1: libxmltok, libxmltok1-dev, libxmltok1