What is EdgeX?
EdgeX is a set of microservices that enable developers to build apps that run at the edge.
It provides the components to develop data collection, analytics, and command-control apps. It's designed to run on thousands of devices and sensors.
Why do developers love EdgeX?
EdgeX provides C and Go SDKs that allows developers to build cloud-to-edge applications, whether that is to a public, hybrid, multi or on-prem cloud.
It also includes an ecosystem of device services that provide connectivity using protocols such as Bacnet, BLE, Modbus, and MQTT.
Get started with EdgeX?
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter
Security, intelligence and blistering speed
- Build a smarter edge. Save your cloud for later.
- Lower latency by moving cloud workloads to the edge.
- Run complex workloads like AI/ML with more data.
- Smarter edge apps mean secure workloads can stay at the edge.
- Keep data on the device and process information locally.
- Minimize exposure of sensitive data to networks.
Built like cloud-native
- A modern and curated IoT platform with one API for seamless out-of-the box operations.
- Modular and containerised microservices.
- An ecosystem of developers and vendors.
You can't go wrong. Literally
- Silicon and software. OS and cloud. Language and protocol.
- EdgeX remains agnostic to them all, so you can accelerate to market.
Cut costs. Improve security.
Trim time to market.
Working on a project with EdgeX? Need help?
Get in touch with one of our engineers.