Technical support is included in the SMART START bundle for the first year. Technical support enables access to Canonical Engineering and TechOps teams to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
Canonical provides technical support within the scope of SMART START under one of the following conditions:
- Your devices are built on pre-certified single-board computers
- Canonical built your kernel as part of the device enablement service
Canonical provides you with access to the support portal. The support portal is the preferred channel for opening support cases. For emergency cases, customers will also have access to telephone support.
Response time and severity levels
Canonical provides a workaround or permanent solution as soon as possible, balanced against higher severity level cases. If a workaround is provided, Canonical's support engineers continue to work on developing a permanent resolution to the case.
The target initial response time for severity levels is 12 business hours, defined as Monday - Friday between 8:00 and 18:00 excluding public holidays.
Your involvement facilitates the delivery of technical support. The following contributions are expected:
- Resolving all issues your end-users face.
- Specifying how an issue arises and in what sub-system it is taking place.
- Providing a repeatable test case.
- Provide any debugging or further testing required.
- Provide technical information as requested to resolve the problem.
- Verifying issue resolution, once the final solution has been provided by Canonical.