What's new in
Introducing the Ubuntu Desktop for Raspberry Pi, the latest desktop features and micro clouds.
Modern enterprise open source
Security, support, and managed services from the publisher of Ubuntu.
Latest news from our blog ›
Energise your engineers
Better security. More packages. Newer tools. All your open source, from cloud to edge.
66% of experienced developers prefer Ubuntu.
That's why Ubuntu supports the fastest, biggest and most successful digital operations.
Open source security
Ubuntu Pro is more than Linux. Security and compliance for the full stack.
Secure your open source apps. Patch the full stack, from kernel to library and applications, for CVE compliance. Governments and auditors certify Ubuntu for FedRAMP, FISMA and HITECH.
- 10 year security maintenance and CVE Patching
- Kernel Livepatch for 24/7 patching with no downtime
- Extended security for infrastructure and applications
- FIPS 140-2 cryptographic modules certified by NIST
- Common Criteria EAL2: ISO/IEC IS 15408 validated by CSEC
- DISA/STIG hardening for DoD compliance
- CIS profiles for cyber defence and malware prevention
Significant enterprise savings
Sustainable open source at the lowest cost, everywhere.
Rethink what's possible with Linux and open source.
Companies engage Canonical to drive down open source operating costs. Automate everything: multi-cloud operations, bare metal provisioning, edge clusters and IoT.
- No mandatory subscriptions for Ubuntu
- Security, support and fully managed infra and apps
- Public cloud, data centre, edge cluster and appliances
- Long term maintenance commitment
- Transparent pricing for enterprise and ISV
- Switch from VMware to OpenStack
- TCO analysis of Open Infra
- 451 study on private/public cloud costs
Public cloud optimisation
Most public cloud instances are Ubuntu, for performance and security.
- Optimised kernels for AWS, Azure, Google, Oracle, IBM
- FIPS, CIS hardening and CVE fixes with Ubuntu Pro
- Minimise rolling reboots with Kernel Livepatch
- Network & storage performance optimisation
- GPU enablement for machines and containers
- Pay-as-you-go billing, no more licenses
- Enterprise support and Extended Security Maintenance
- Cloud workload migration service
- Containerisation and cloud-native migration service
- Fully managed application service
Carrier-grade private cloud
Operate private cloud the smart way – supported or fully managed.
- 10 year security maintenance and support
- Hyperconverged or segregated architecture
- Encryption at rest for GDPR, HIPAA, FedRAMP
- Wide choice of SDN and storage
- Upgrades and day-2 operations, automated
- Integrated logging, monitoring and alerting
- Platform and infrastructure hardening
- High availability
- Carrier-grade NFVI
Multi-cloud Kubernetes and containers
AKS. EKS. GKE. Kubeadm. MicroK8s. Charmed Kubernetes. All on Ubuntu.
- Support for all public cloud Kubernetes
- On-prem MicroK8s, Charmed K8s, kubeadm
- Fully-managed Kubernetes on-prem or public cloud
- Model-driven Kubernetes Operators
- Full stack support for apps, Kubernetes, and OS
- K8s architecture and deployment consulting
- Cloud-native workload migration services
- GPU enablement for AI/ML workloads on K8s
- Bare metal, OpenStack and VMware
- Pluggable CNIs, CSIs, CRIs and third-party tools
Ultra secure things
Ubuntu Core Appliances with transactional updates for a better embedded Linux.
- OTA compressed updates for apps, kernel and OS
- Automatic rollback and data snapshots
- Managed private app stores for secure fleet management
- DevSecOps pipeline for edge app delivery
- Built-in device recovery and remote disk repair
- 10 year security maintenance for every device
- Provable system and software integrity
- Secure boot backed by root of trust
- Full disk encryption with hardware keys
- FIPS certifiable embedded Linux
- Support for real-time compute
Workstations and desktops
Optimised AI/ML and cloud devops. The professional developer's preference.
- Active Directory and LDAP integration
- Full disk encryption
- Security updates for the full open source stack
- Estate monitoring and management
- Configuration lockdown
- Local Kubernetes for offline development
- Instant Ubuntu on Windows and macOS with WSL and Multipass
- Optimised images and certified workstations
Data centre automation
Turn a rack into a bare metal cloud. Metal-as-a-Service provisions Windows, ESXi and Linux.
- Bare metal cloud with on-demand servers
- Remote edge cluster operations
- Infrastructure monitoring and discovery
- Ansible, Chef, Puppet, SALT, Juju integration
- Super fast install from scratch
- VMWare ESXi, Windows, CentOS, RHEL, Ubuntu
- Custom images with pre-installed apps
- Disk and network configuration
- API-driven DHCP, DNS, PXE, IPAM, provisioning
- LDAP authentication and RBAC
Smart robots of all shapes and sizes
From turtles to trucks, Ubuntu drives the robot revolution.
- Full support for ROS and ROS2
- Security patches for long-term ROS
- Fault tolerant over-the-air updates
- CIS certification for ROS and ROS2
- Trim time-to-market with SMART START consulting
- Leading Robot-as-a-Platform ecosystem
- Curated app stores
Multi-cloud applications – beyond PAAS
Universal model-driven operators for classic and Kubernetes estate.
- Operate smoothly across public and private cloud
- Reusable integration code as open source packages
- Python Operator Framework for rapid development
- Bring the K8s operator pattern to classic workloads
- Lifecycle management and Day 2 operations
- Open collection of community-driven operators